Johnny Cursive can't drive


I struck a deal with my mom that I will learn how to drive this year. There  are only 3 weeks left of this year and all I know is how to (nervously) start a car. I’m a 25-year old guy who can’t drive.
So far I’m surviving without the skill. I try to convince myself sometimes that driving is overrated. The truth is, I’m scared. I’ve had many stitches and broken bones from all sorts of mishaps. When I was 6, I was sitting on the gutters beside my playmate and his leg stopped a nearby van from running over mine.
So it’s MRT, taxi, and the jeepney for me. To get to work, I ride the cab. If it’s that time of the day where there are no available cabs passing by my area, I take a jeepney going to Makati Ave’s Pacific Star and that’s where I ride a cab. If I still can’t get the cab, I take the Ayala loop jeepney.
 
Ayala Loop Jeepney, ink & pencil on paper; drawing shipped to Florida

Commuting is a unique exercise. I’d like to believe that it boosts one’s immune system via cardio amidst all the free-radical exposure.  My gym membership cannot replicate that.
Commuting gave me interesting experiences, such as frotteurism in the MRT rush hour. Whether it’s some stranger’s cock on my thigh or a boob pressing on my shoulder blade, the inappropriate contact is just not OK. And don’t even get me started on the gropers.
Come to think of it, yeah I think I’d like to start learning how to drive in 2010.

9 coumouents:

Boying Opaw said...

I commute everyday to go to work, too. I work at the MSE Building in Ayala. I take buses to go to work in the morning and I take the train to get home in the evenings. Personally, I like the frottage. Hee hee.

RainDarwin said...

i got car. but if i dont have load to carry, i commute. It's the best way to get your destination safe and hassle-free.

Vince (Discreet Manila) said...

Oh, the gropers on the MRT. I've had my share. :-)

citybuoy said...

i walk to work. i hate commuting. blame it on my short attention span. incidentally, i work at pacific star. haha it's not very far from where i live so it's a fifteen minute walk both ways.

nice blog! very interesting.

Johnny Cursive said...

25 years on the passenger seat could be emasculating if I let it emasculate me. So f*ck it; learning to drive will be my project for 2010.

citybuoy said...

good for you! i wish i could be as brave. haha last time i took a risk, i was a year and a half and i peed a little in the sandbox. i didn't even have the strength to let it all out.

Herbs D. said...

i usually over-react on curves, going up, and parking. didnt go through the whole process. but if i still had a choice-imma get those big ass cars so I wouldn't be THAT afraid of hitting pedicabs, the usual cars, and bystanders :D

i'd like to live in a GTA world for a day, if i could. you know, shooting bazookas at them traffic-causing jeeps is just too fucking awesome.

closet case said...

impressive art, johnny. do you sell your artwork?

Johnny Cursive said...

thanks, buddy. I don't really sell art. I just draw when I feel like it, then I give them away as gifts that's appreciated and doesn't cost a dime. I'm cheap like that, LOL.